In this presentation, we will discuss the implications of bacteria found in a urine sediment analysis. We will cover some of the common pitfalls of accurately identifying and classifying bacteria while highlighting proper techniques and protocols, as well as walk through several confirmatory methods. Additionally, in a case-based approach we will highlight the bacteria results, the clinical significance to the patient, and the possible next steps to arriving at a diagnosis.
- The significance of identifying bacteriuria
- How to clinically localize the source of bacteriuria
- How to identify bacteriuria
- What the experts say regarding when to treat or not treat patients with bacteriuria
- How to diagnose and manage patients with bacteriuria through case studies