- Describe the clinical features of chronic kidney disease (CKD) and feline hyperthyroidism, noting where they overlap.
- Identify the challenges of recognizing kidney disease in hyperthyroid cats.
- Review the IDEXX SDMA® Test and why it is a more reliable indicator of kidney function than traditional diagnostics in hyperthyroid cats.
- Review in depth the management goals and treatment options for cats with concurrent CKD and hyperthyroidism.
- Present a clinical case of feline hyperthyroidism illustrating how SDMA helped diagnose concurrent kidney disease for improved patient management.