- Emphasize that traditional diagnostics can miss kidney disease in well and sick patients.
- Review the studies showing that SDMA increases earlier than creatinine in pets with kidney disease and that SDMA is not impacted by lean muscle mass.
- Introduce the Catalyst SDMA Test and provide data supporting its accuracy.
- Outline what next steps should be taken when kidney disease is suspected.
- Review the International Renal Interest Society (IRIS) CKD guidelines.
- Discuss when it is important to know a pet has kidney disease during the patient visit and how this can positively impact clinical outcomes.