This presentation covers a variety of topics related to diagnosing infectious diseases, including definitions related to tests, detailed minimum inhibitory concentration (MIC) interpretation, and what to consider when deciding the best test to use when trying to diagnose various infectious diseases.
- Understand important definitions.
- Explain newer molecular diagnostic methods:
- Polymerase chain reaction (PCR).
- Fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH).
- Explain susceptibility/MIC interpretation.
- Discuss how to choose the most appropriate test with different infectious diseases.