Learn how to use the International Renal Interest Society (IRIS) chronic kidney disease (CKD) guidelines in everyday practice. Topics to be discussed include an overview of how to diagnose, stage, and treat CKD, as well as how IDEXX SDMA® testing can help in all aspects of kidney disease diagnosis and management. A case study will illustrate practical use of the IRIS CKD guidelines, with an emphasis on treatment recommendations for CKD by IRIS stage.
- Introduce the International Renal Interest Society (IRIS).
- Define IDEXX SDMA testing and describe key attributes.
- Review the IRIS guidelines for diagnosing, staging, and treating chronic kidney disease.
- Highlight how SDMA has been incorporated into the IRIS CKD guidelines.
- Use a case example to review in more depth treatment of CKD by IRIS stage.