Dr. Alexis Seguin will review current understanding of the SARS-CoV-2 novel coronavirus, causative agent in the human respiratory COVID-19 (coronavirus disease 2019) pandemic, along with updated information on the risk of COVID-19 infection in pets. Dr. Seguin will share new testing options along with guidance on whether, when, and how to test. She will also provide guidance on how to manage a positive patient.
- Review pathophysiology of coronavirus strains in pets.
- Learn about current understanding of transmission of COVID-19 and pets.
- Explore scenarios in which testing for COVID-19 might or might not be indicated.
- Understand testing options, submission guidelines, and reporting requirements.
- Discuss guidelines on managing a positive patient.