In this presentation, Dr. Constance De Haan reviews the basic concepts of radiographic positioning. She also includes an overview of techniques and protocols for successful radiographic images by practicing proper anatomic radiographic techniques, with a focus on the reduction of veterinary patient dose as well as occupational staff and general public radiation exposure.
- Understand why proper radiographic positioning is essential.
- Identify the standard protocols for each region of the anatomy.
- Recognize when to administer appropriate chemical restraint for optimal radiographic examination.
- Evaluate a study and assess if the anatomy of interest is accurately represented or not.
- Reduce radiation exposure to patient and occupational staff by practicing proper radiographic techniques.